• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to disable the Messages Encryption?

javierdl

Oct 30, 2011
I think this is keeping my messages from being sent right away. Instead, they sit for a while, in the meantime, I am thinking that they were sent a long time ago. Then like an hour later I see a notification saying that the message was not sent. However, if I click on it, it'll show me an option to switch to SMS to send it.
I just wish I could stay in regular SMS as a default to avoid this very annoying situation.

Thanks in advance guys :)

It's not encryption that's slowing it down really, it's RCS and your settings. Go into settings and make sure the box that says 'resend as text (sms/mms)' is turned on, if it already is then clear cache for Messages.
I had issues with it when it first came out and gave up, went back to Textra and never miss s text. I like the ability to customize it as well.
That said, messages has gotten much better and really should work for you - tweak the settings for it.

edit to add: if you turn chat off then it will be just a 'regular' SMS/MMS app.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's not encryption that's slowing it down really, it's RCS and your settings. Go into settings and make sure the box that says 'resend as text (sms/mms)' is turned on, if it already is then clear cache for Messages.
I had issues with it when it first came out and gave up, went back to Textra and never miss s text. I like the ability to customize it as well.
That said, messages has gotten much better and really should work for you - tweak the settings for it.

edit to add: if you turn chat off then it will be just a 'regular' SMS/MMS app.
Clementine_3, thanks a bunch for your reply :)
Unfortunately, I do not see either choice among the choices I have. Please have a look at my screenshot:

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones