• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to edit splash screen

young707

I am new user of Android. I am learning how to use my Samsung Galaxy with Android 2.1.
Can you please tell me how to make changes to the phone splash screen app? How to delete, add and move the app icons?
Can you please tell me how to access the phone setting using PC -> USB connections? Especially, I wish to edit my contact directory and sync with my desktop computer.
Is there any general tutorial for Android users?
Thank you.

the splash screen when you turn the phone on? why change it?

to move icons on your desktop long press the icon and while your finger is still pressed move the icon and release finger. to delete, move the icon to the bottom of the screen where you will see a bin appear once you long press icon.

thank you. I have 3 splash screens. How can I move one icon in screen #2 to screen #3?

Is there anyway I can connect this Samsung Galaxy to my PC (using USB) so that I can move music files into this phone?

thank you. I have 3 splash screens. How can I move one icon in screen #2 to screen #3?

Is there anyway I can connect this Samsung Galaxy to my PC (using USB) so that I can move music files into this phone?

In order to move icons to another home screen, simply drag them to the very edge of the screen, in the direction you want to go, hold for a second, then when the screen changes, let go.

And in order to set PC connection settings go to;

APPLICATIONS --> SETTINGS --> WIRELESS AND NETWORK --> USB SETTINGS

From here you can choose the way in which your phone will connect to your Pc when you plug in the USB cable. I personally have it set to "always ask" for easy switching between the 3.

Sorry for double post but forgot to mention...

You have three home screens ATM, but just so you know you can add additional home screens by doing the following;

1. With the home screen visible press the MENU button (bottom left of your device)

2. Press EDIT

The resulting screen will allow you to re-arrange your home screens as well as adding additional pages up to a total of seven.

Regards

In

APPLICATIONS --> SETTINGS --> WIRELESS AND NETWORK

I do not see USB SETTINGS here.
However, when I plug in the USB cable to my PC, I see this pop up:
Select USB Mode:

Samsung Kies
(When I select this, I get this message at my PC side = Device driver software not successfully installed).
Media Player
(When I select this, the PC side installed and show Samsung cell card" and 7.8GB and 11 folders. I do not see any music or mp3 folder. Which folder should I put my mp3 musics?)
Mass Storage
(When I select this, I get this message at my PC side = Device driver successfully installed. But at the PC side, I found "Removable Disk", when I click this, PC has dialog box showing "Insert Disk" please insert a disk into removable disk).
PC Internet
(When I select this, I get this message at my PC side = Device driver software not successfully installed).

Do you mean homescreen instead of splash screen? The splash screen would be the one you see when your phone powers up (the one that says Samsung GT-I9000).

If you just want to transfer files, go to settings -> App -> Development -> Debugging mode. When you connect your phone to your PC, pull down the notification bar and select connect usb.

Yes, I mean home screen.

When I connect the USB cable to Samsung and select Media Player, the PC shows this Samsung card and 11 folders. Where should I copy mp3 music for Samsung phone music player and mp4 video for Samsung phone video player.

When I go to Settings - Application - Development - USB Debugging mode (check mark). The Samsung phone shows USB debugging connected. But nothing shows up at the PC side.

Yes, I mean home screen.

When I connect the USB cable to Samsung and select Media Player, the PC shows this Samsung card and 11 folders. Where should I copy mp3 music for Samsung phone music player and mp4 video for Samsung phone video player.

When I go to Settings - Application - Development - USB Debugging mode (check mark). The Samsung phone shows USB debugging connected. But nothing shows up at the PC side.

Put the music files anywhere you want. It makes no difference. When you unplug your phone you should see a message saying "media scanner running". That process will find your media files.

When you are in debugging mode, pull down the notification bar. You should see two notifications. One of them takes you to settings. The other one brings you to a screen that shows an android logo with a button underneath that says connect. Press the button and wait.

When you are in debugging mode, pull down the notification bar. You should see two notifications. One of them takes you to settings. The other one brings you to a screen that shows an android logo with a button underneath that says connect. Press the button and wait.
Yes, I tried the two notifications. The bottom one say "USB Debugging connected - select to disable USB debugging".
The top one say "Turn Off USB storage - select to turn off USB storage".

I am confused how this USB debugging works. Is there tutorial and instructions I can learn more? Thanks.

wow thanks guys for advice...worked like a charm for me! I was scratching my head for the longest time trying to find out how to delete icons off my splash screen! u guys rock!

This is why I see when I connect in debugging mode.

SC20110208-181129.png

USB debugging is meant to be used in conjunction with adb tools (you don't need it to use debugging mode), but I find it convenient to transfer file without having to rely on KIEs.

Back
Top Bottom