• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to get cwm 6 on my e4gt ?

I have a rooted e4gt but i want cwm to get custom roms

The recovery you need is dependent on which rom you want to flash. Also, since the kernel is tied to the recovery for this device, we would need to know your carrier and android version, i.e. Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0) or Jelly Bean(4.1) . Give me a little more info and I should be able to help walk you through it.

The recovery you need is dependent on which rom you want to flash. Also, since the kernel is tied to the recovery for this device, we would need to know your carrier and android version, i.e. Ice Cream Sandwich(4.0) or Jelly Bean(4.1) . Give me a little more info and I should be able to help walk you through it.
GC01 4.1.2 JB on Boostmobile

OK, here's the deal. Unfortunately, all links to the GC01 Boost kernel with a custom recovery have been removed. Plus side is you should be able to use either the GB27 Sprint kernel or GB28 Virgin Mobile kernel to get the recovery you need to flash 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean roms. Keep in mind that anything not stock based I.E. CM, AOSP, AOKP and such will also require you to flash an ICS modem to get data working. If are looking to flash one of the 4.4 Kit Kat roms then will need to install one of the above kernels first, the boot into recovery, flash the Blasphemy version 6.6 kernel for 4.3 roms, then reboot into the new recovery to flash the 4.4 rom. If you will let me know what you are planning on flashing I can link you the kernels and modems you will need.

OK, first things first. If you are not already rooted, follow the first link to get Framaroot. Install and run it using the Aragorn option. This will give you permanent root and install superuser.

Now use the second link to get the GB27 sxtp .tar recovery(Sprint), I would recommend the latest version. I have used the same one on my Virgin Mobile E4GT without problems. While you're there, I suggest you also download the GC01 stock restore .exe. This is a one click self extracting Odin zip file to restore your phone to factory, in case of any mistakes (this is used on your pc). Also, if you're looking to install any CM or AOSP roms you will also need to get the ICS modem. You can find both the ICS and JB modems for Boost there. I would suggest the zip file flashable in your recovery.

If you want one of the 4.4.2 roms such as Vanir, Commotio, Villuminati, or CM11, then you will also need the Blasphemy kernel. Flash it in recovery, reboot into your new recovery then flash the rom and gapps.

Once you get rooted, the files downloaded and on your phone, use Mobile Odin to flash the GB27 kernel. Once your phone reboots you will have a custom recovery. The first thing you need to do is reboot into recovery (power off, then hold the volume up and power buttons until it boots into the recovery), then make a backup of your system. You can restore this if you have any problems down the road.

If you're looking for the largest selection of roms, I would recommend you visit the Epic 4g Touch Forum on xda-developers. They have the widest variety of roms ranging from stock TouchWiz based roms to the latest Kit Kat roms. Just remember to follow the developers instructions for flashing and installing any rom or modification.

As always, I accept no responsibility for any damage to your device. Any changes or modifications you make, are your sole responsibility and you do this at your own risk.

Happy Flashing:)

[ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices - xda-developers

Rwilco12's Android Repository

[2014.03.22][ROOT] Mobile ODIN v4.10 - xda-developers

[Kernel][3.0.101][OC/UV] Blasphemy Kernel v6.6 - xda-developers

Back
Top Bottom