• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to get the chinese software off my xperia mini pro!?

paulj375

Lurker
Feb 17, 2013
Hey I brought my xperia mini pro yesterday and found that the userface is Chinese with Chinese built in apps? :/ wwhen I set up the phone it expected me to use the Chinese language not an english one and when I finished the set up ive found a whole page of Chinese language apps, even the amdroid market is the Chinese version!

whem I browse the web and search a search engine called baidu appears in Chinese language so I cant understand it :/ I dont belive this phone had always been used with the chinese interface as ive brought it from the uk.

I was thinken about rooting my xperia then deleting the built in Chinese apps and downloading google play, would this be a good idea or is there another way to solve this?

Strange. The first thing that happens when you use a new Android is that it asks you for the language. Are you familiar enough to get to the menu to reset user data? This will wipe the phone, and you should be prompt for the language the next time you turn it on.

Other ways to reset:
Sony Ericsson Xperia X10: Hard Reset
Should apply to the X10 Mini Pro, too.

Method #1 won't work if you have the Xperia Mini Pro, SK17i/SK17a, obviously ;).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones