• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to load contacts - no sync

young707

I have Samsung Galaxy Android 4.0.

How can I load contacts into my Android phone, without rely on Google Account Sync.

I have contact info in my Gmail contact. Also have same contact info in computer xls and csv files. Can I copy any of these files this into the SD card and load into my Android phone?

The Google account "Sync is OFF". Try several different Google accounts, same result. Gave up.

Settings>accounts and sync>turn on background data and autosync (sync will always be off if both are turned off)>go into Google account>put a check on "contacts".

Normally that's how you turn your sync on.

For offline sync, simply load either Samsung Kies software or MyPhoneExplorer on your PC, then import the csv files using that, or sync to Outlook.

OK. I am able to copy the contact csv file into my Android SD card. Now what do I do to make the contact csv info into the Android phone contact?

thanks.

I have tried all possible methods to turn background and autosync on, exactly in your list. But never able to sync and have gave up on sync.

You don't put the csv files in the SD card. You go on your PC and install either Samsung Kies or MyPhoneExplorer. You connect your phone so that either program will detect it. Then you use the program on your PC to import the contacts.

No, I do not need to import contact into my PC.

I already have contact info in my PC.

I wish to have contact info in my Android phone from my PC.

I know. I find it difficult for you to understand.

1. Install Kies on your PC
2. Connect the phone
3. On Kies, click import contacts from PC to phone

done.

I am unable to get Kies working on my Windows 7 x64 SP1 system. Actually, I never get this program this load and run in my system. But I was once able to run in another Vista system before.

Is there any other way I can import contacts from PC to phone?

Thank you.
Load & installed MyPhoneExplorer in my PC and MyPhoneExplorer Client in Android.
Try USB, but unable to get the ADB Android Debug Bridge in phone.
Try Wifi, it works.
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom