• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to Migrate data, contacts, etc from Captivate

John I

Jul 28, 2010
I currently have an unrooted Captivate with a lot of aps, data, media and contacts.

Can someone give me a simple road map to migrate from this phone to my Atrix when it arrives on Monday? I don't mind spending a little money on an app or two if need be.

John

If you're getting the at&t version of the atrix, then you can't sideload (meaning, throwing all your apps into your sd card and then reinstalling them from there won't work).

Get an app called appbrain, it will record all the apps you currently have. When you log into it on another phone, it will tell you of all your missing apps and allow you to download them again (at least, I hope it's that easy, I haven't had an Android phone for a long time, so I don't remember if it will be that easy).

Upvote 0
I currently have an unrooted Captivate with a lot of aps, data, media and contacts.

Can someone give me a simple road map to migrate from this phone to my Atrix when it arrives on Monday? I don't mind spending a little money on an app or two if need be.

John

Your contacts, calendar events, etc... should be synced with Google unless you turned it off. They should show up when you sign in to Google on the Atrix. You'll also be able to redownload any of your paid apps from the Market after you're signed in.

Upvote 0
Your contacts, calendar events, etc... should be synced with Google unless you turned it off. They should show up when you sign in to Google on the Atrix. You'll also be able to redownload any of your paid apps from the Market after you're signed in.

I must have turned the sync off because I have no idea what you are talking about. I'll have to do that. I can save my contacts from the Captivate, but I doubt the file is compatible with the Atrix.

Appbrain sounds like a good idea. I have a lot of apps.

I wonder about app data too? I am up to level 160 on Robo Defense and have a lot to lose on Homerun Battle 3D also.

Upvote 0
You can use App Dragon from the market to create a list of your current apps. The new Android Market on the web (https://market.android.com/) will also let you push apps to your phone. Unless you use a different google account with your Atrix, all your apps will be able to reloaded. Check to see where your apps store their data and transfer that info. Turn google sync on and your contacts and calendar will then be stored in your google account. It will the sync back to your new phone.
You can go online @ Motorola's website and sign up for your MotoBlur account.
http://cdn.motorola-2.com/us/ca/moto/blur/oas-selector/index_US-EN.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones