• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How To Remove Facebook Entirely

Wyze

Lurker
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. For years I was a very active Facebook surfer. One day I made a comment on a "Mom's Demand Action" Anti-Gun group post saying that I had thought their "ISIS Brothers must be proud of their relentless efforts to disarm the country." The next day I was banished from Facebook on a technicality. If you read the fine print in your User Agreement you will see you are not allowed to use an Alias or nick name which I had been using for years. Most people do not know my birth name so why would I use that? So they tell me that If I would change my Facebook profile to my given birth name then they might let me back online but I would have to send in some form of official ID, government etc... with a picture etc... At that point I decided I wanted nothing further to do with Zuckerchouche's Social Media Nazi Empire and I never looked back. Which brings me to the point. Now you know why I have nothing to do with Facebook. However, the problem being, that I can not get it off this phone. Even though it has been removed. I am still getting error messages telling me "Facebook session expired." "Log in again." yes it expired over a year ago when I removed the app from my phone. Why am I getting these messages. You clear the message and it comes right back. Also Note: that when I go into "Settings" and then "Accounts" it shows a line item for "Sync apps with Facebook" and it shows no way to remove it. I have no idea why it is even on there. I do not have any facebook apps (for reasons previously mentioned) so how can I make Zuckerdouche go away?

Since you have a Samsung, download "Package Disabler" and that will get rid of the app for you.
it won't remove it from the phone, but it will stop it from showing up.

Back
Top Bottom