• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to reset home screen

jiggy1965

Lurker
My Samsung Young has the standard and easy mode as a home screen mode. The icons and widgets of easy mode have become a bit too mixed up and I would like to reset the home screen mode to its default. Can I do that without choosing to revert to factory settings which would clear all my data? I've tried switching to the standard home screen mode and then back to easy mode again, but any edits to it are apparently saved. I tried to look at Applications for a Launcher so I could clear its cache, but there isn't any app named Launcher in Application Control.

As I couldn't find it I tried to recreate the home screens from memory, but couldn't find one widget. When I press Home while in Easy Mode there used to be the clock with the weather forecast. A widget of 2x4. And beneath that a photo frame of 2x4. That photo frame I deleted at one point. I got the time/weather widget, but the only photo frame widget is 3x3 and that won't fit beneath the time/weather widget. I can make the photo frame only smaller horizontally, not vertically. Where's the original photo frame widget?

But if there's a way to just revert the easy (or standard) mode home screens to its default without choosing factory settings reset, and all default icons/widgets are at their original place, I'd like to know.

Hi

Menu button
Manage apps
ALL tab at the top ( on the right)
Scroll to "touchwiz home"
Clear data

It should be as new :)

Roger

Back
Top Bottom