• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to stop touchpal

If you don't want it, get rid of it. It can be uninstalled just like any other application. Settings -> Applications

thanks. it cannot be uninstalled from settings. only disable.

but disabling it would make typing impossible. at least on zte acqua

Sent from my Acqua using Tapatalk 2

Well, TouchPal is your keyboard, do you mean to say that there are no other keyboards in your device? The default Android keyboard should be there so you can type even if you remove TouchPal. Go to Menu>settings>language and keyboard. Tell us what options you have there.

Wow, thanks!
There's touchpal & android keyboard so I set android kb as default

Sent from my Acqua using Tapatalk 2

I read this and disable through settings but saw comment about still using 13mb so I think about it and realized if it's not connected app it changes that maybe so I went to Google settings and found connected app list and took all TouchPal off

I've disabled, and even uninstalled touchpad, and it keeps coming back (reinstalling itself). How to stop? Thanks!

What phone do you have? What android version?

Try installing a different keyboard.

BTW, Touchpal puts unwanted ads/adware on your phone. I would try and use a different keyboard.

Depending on what phone you've actually got there, like is it a China phone? TouchPal might be a pre-installed system keyboard baked in, if so probably only thing you can do is see if you can disable it in settings, otherwise root(if that's possible) would be required to remove it completely.

What phone do you have? What android version?

Try installing a different keyboard.

BTW, Touchpal puts unwanted ads/adware on your phone. I would try and use a different keyboard.

ZTE
Android 6.0.1
I use Gboard.
Never used TouchPal, and don't want to. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:
I have a hack-backdoor that works !!!

I have a zte primetime k92 and I downloaded the SDK Package for my android on my windows operating system
You must enable debug- Go to your settings and then about tablet, 2nd from bottom is build # hit that 7 times for developer
Once you have that go into the developer settings and hit usb debug.. Allow it..
Once you have that, go to the sdk package and shift right click the folder with the sdk platform in it.. You will be at the open the command window.. On that you can use the commands for the adb drivers command "adb devices"
That will list the usb device plugged in on debugging. Mine was a CALLED Primrose. Which is the code for the primetime tablet..
After you see the listing you can call up another command called "adb shell" that will list your device name or your name.

Mine was
Robert:/ $ pm list users

Next, remove the 3 touchpal packages that come preinstalled for the users.
These are the commands I used
Robert:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.emoji.keyboard.touchpal
Success
Robert:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.cootek.smartinputv5.language.spanishus
Success
Robert:/ $ pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.cootek.smartinputv5.language.englishgb
There is other languages, but I just put in the first 2 and they were removed ..
I checked my tablet and yes TOUCHPAL is gone !!!!
Success
Robert:/ $
If you put in the uninstall code right it will say success after each step.

I looked long and hard for 2 days on this and took bits and pieces from many forums and its gone.
I hope this helps others.. So the way to delete them is through sdk adb platforms tool .

GOODLUCK , Anyone that can explain things better or whatever from this post.. feel free!!

Back
Top Bottom