• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to terminate these applications?

Nasreign

Lurker
Hello all,
I recently purchased a galaxy note 4. When I sleep at night with a fully charged phone, about 9 hours later the battery has dropped to 70pc. Is this normal when the phone is not used during that 9 hour period but the wifi is switched on? Even when google chrome or fb and whats app are not in use they are shown as using battery under the battery usage panel. This was never an issue with my note 3. On the note 3 only 3 apps would appear int he battery usage panel. whats going on here and how to terminate these apps. I have tried almost everything, but no success. I am trying to upload a picture of the battery activity but this page wont let me saying unable to perform action due to low memory storage...

I think maybe your old tablet had power-saving mode on and this one doesn't. With power-saving enabled, even though wifi is "on", it deactivates when the device is sleeping and not using it. Otherwise, wi-fi stays connected all the time. This may correct your substantive issue with battery disappearing overnight.

As to the battery usage panel, AFAIK it shows the battery usage over a certain period (since last time powered on, etc.). Therefore, if you have it set to "since last time powered on", and you've used facebook, it will always show up in the list for some percentage. Perhaps this timerange setting was set different on your last tablet as well, which would account for the discrepancy. GSam Battery monitor is an app that can give you more information about battery usage than the stock app, which might help you understand what's going on.

ETA: Facebook has been getting more and more obnoxious with background tasks in the last year, which may also account for the uptick in battery use you are observing from that app.

Back
Top Bottom