• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off fading in of apps ?

Frank1001

Lurker
Hi,
when i click around on my phone between apps etc., it always fades in the new screen etc.
Can i turn it off ?
I want it to be instantaneous screen changes, when i click around.

Regards,
Frank

There should be setting to control animation speeds at the system level in the developer options. You'll need to tap repeatedly on the build number (in the software information) to enable that menu (Google think this is cute. Google are morons).

If that doesn't do it then change your launcher, but I think this should do it.

when i click around on my phone between apps etc., it always fades in the new screen etc.
Can i turn it off ?
I want it to be instantaneous screen changes, when i click around.
As @Hadron suggested, you may find settings in Developer Options. I just checked mine, and there are a few settings, like Transition automation scale, but I've never used those.

I control everything, such as window animations and speed, via my launcher, ADW Launcher 1 EX. It's jam-packed with features; you might want to give it a try.

Also, what device are you using and what's its Android version?

I set my scales to .5
You could go down to zero, but I like the .5 speed. :D
Capture+_2019-05-28-20-30-01.png

https://www.howtogeek.com/175033/how-to-speed-up-any-android-phone-by-disabling-animations/
You don't really need to install anything, there are animation control options already available to you. Enable your Developer options menu and it will be in your Settings menu. I prefer to set Window Animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale all to 'off'. If you want get a better handle on how much or little animations affect things, set all three to 2x and then just use your phone for a few minutes to see how much you'll probably want to use a much lower setting.

Back
Top Bottom