• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to turn off spellchecker in everything?

im guessing the OP is using the stock samsung keyboard, because i dont see a spell checker that pops up when i type.

OP, can you post a photo showing what you are noticing?

What it does is change words from what I have typed to another word when I am not looking. Usually it does not know the word I am using at all . I just want it disabled.

Screenshot_20180208-135321.jpg

Upvote 0
Sounds like you want to disable autocorrect. That should be a setting of the keyboard app (certainly is for GBoard and SwiftKey, the two I have installed).

That would be good.

Sorted. Alternative keyboard (GBoard) and the problem has gone away.

Pleased.

I'd love to turn on spell checker on my phone! Couldn't find any option for that. You wanna switch phones?
biggrin.png
(Only thing is, i have an s5)

The problem, it seems, is that my vocabulary is somewhat too abstruse for the phone which seems geared to people who only use 5000 words.

The problem, it seems, is that my vocabulary is somewhat too abstruse for the phone which seems geared to people who only use 5000 words.

Just to say thanks again. Gboard has solved my problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones