• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root how to unbrick after clockworkmod recovery install on razr maxx

chris10385

Lurker
Mar 12, 2013
I know there is a thread on this already but I have some questions still. Some details....

rooted today
updated to jellybean today
installed clockwork mod recovery today

after clockwork phone got bricked.

downloaded rsd lite and the unbrick jellybean tool

is there anything else I need????

Reactions: bmclean
Quick question if anyone is up and listening. I ran into the CWM Recovery issue today. I've read everything I could find, but there are so many old posts it's easy to forget to check the date and see how new the info is. To me it looked like CWM was mandatory, even though I already had safestrap ready to go. I used the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and saved and backed everything up with this and CWM before screwing it up.

Sorry...I know I said quick, so I'll move on to the question. I have Matt's Droid Razr Utility 1.8.2 on my desktop ready to go and I was wondering (AeroViper1) did you choose option 1 - wipe data or option 2 - keep data?

Thanks for any advice. Hoping to take care of this tonight, so I'll probably read awhile longer and then do opt 2 first. If that doesn't work right, I'll try opt. 1.

Razr Maxx XT912

Upvote 0
Download RSDlite (Links can be found at Droidrzr.com or just google it)
Download latest sbf firmware http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=9

Thisll restore your device back to stock, just make sure your battery is atleast 40+ percent

CWM is obly available to the developer edition of the Spyder (Razr) and should never be flashed on the Droid Razr. Be sure to use Hashcodes Safestrap or Whirleys Bootmenu (obsolete but still usefull)

You can reroot with Razr Blade exploit.

Upvote 0
Download RSDlite (Links can be found at Droidrzr.com or just google it)
Download latest sbf firmware http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=9

Thisll restore your device back to stock, just make sure your battery is atleast 40+ percent

CWM is obly available to the developer edition of the Spyder (Razr) and should never be flashed on the Droid Razr. Be sure to use Hashcodes Safestrap or Whirleys Bootmenu (obsolete but still usefull)

You can reroot with Razr Blade exploit.

But this won't work if pc won't recognize phone....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones