• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How-to USB tether

Sharing your mobile data connection by USB*tethering

• Make sure your SIM card is inserted on HTC One V.

• Install HTC Sync or HTC Sync Manager on your computer first.

• You may need to have USB tethering added to your data plan, and it may incur additional cost. Contact your mobile service provider for details.
1. On HTC One V, turn on Mobile network in the settings.
2. Connect HTC One V to your computer using the provided USB cable.
3. On the Choose a connection type screen, select USB tethering, and then tap Done.

Upvote 0
My HTC one V was with kodoo its tethering was also not available , i did manage to work around this by first unlocking my phone and than flashing a custom rom. So now I do have the option of tethering. But by doing this you lose your warranty if you have one. I am not a 100% about this maybe some one can chime in, even with a custom rom flashed on I think the carrier will know that your tethering your data.But as i said im not a 100% on that. I switched carriers once I unlocked my phone to one that was ok with tethering (Rogers) so I have no issues with it being blocked and the custom rom gave me the option to tether.

Upvote 0
Pdanet works for me.. for usb tethering
PdaNet+ -- Internet Sharing for Android

Thank you nihbd2192. It worked for me too. I have an HTC ONE V on Virgin Moblie and Pdanet+ got me going via USB connection. (It has a Bluetooth option but I couldn't get it to work).

I was a little confused about the install instructions. Here is what I did:
1) Download and install Pdanet+ to the PC. (I'm running Windows 8)
2) Connect the phone to the PC via USB cable.
3) Enable USB Debugging on your phone, it's under Settings/System/Developer options.
3) Run Pdanet+ on the PC -- it has an option to install from the PC to the phone. (Pdanet+ has an option to download direct to the phone by my phone blocked it.)

After I got Pdanet+ working I read about another program called EasyTether. Windows Secrets newsletter has a good article on this here.

Upvote 0
Also, if you open your build.prop with a text editer you'll find a line that looks like this
uploadfromtaptalk1371713388698.jpg

Change it to this
uploadfromtaptalk1371713429348.jpg

And it will give you this
yry4epy3.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones