• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How will Text messaging look on the G1?

goku31640

Lurker
I already ordered my G1, but I was wondering if anybody maybe saw a video of it or a picture, or anything about how reading text messages will look on the G1. I already got used to the way the iphone shows text messages,

iPhone Example:
iphone-sms-l.jpg

iphonesms.JPG

Other Phones:
texting3_narrowweb__300x444,0.jpg

sms_choose1.jpg

This is a really big feature for me, I cant go back to how text messages were handled in my old razr

Sorry, no dice. It wont let me send a message without opening the keyboard....which i cannot do.

Thanks anyway. I guess ill just find out for myself on the 22nd

Im right there with you about the text feature. I've been trying to figure that out for myself... Last I heard the texting would be displayed as a "conversation" opposed to the traditional inbox where you would have individual messages from the same contact.

Re:the last screenshot

That's fukken awesome!
I upgraded to WindowsMobile 6.1 on my TMO Shadow a few months ago ONLY BECAUSE I WANTED THREADED TEXT MESSAGING!
I am damn glad the G1 has this too!

I wonder how customizable it is?

Exactly.. lol I almost bought a treo just for that shit. Glad I didn't make that mistake

Re:the last screenshot

That's fukken awesome!
I upgraded to WindowsMobile 6.1 on my TMO Shadow a few months ago ONLY BECAUSE I WANTED THREADED TEXT MESSAGING!
I am damn glad the G1 has this too!

I wonder how customizable it is?

Thats what ive been looking for. I no longer have doubts about this phone, that was the main reason I was worried.

Back
Top Bottom