• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How you update the thing?

I've got a few questions before I goto rooting my phone.

1. How about updating? I use linux alot so I'm use to keeping updates current. But does the same apply to "updating" the phone like a disto or the custom roms don't really update like a distro and update with the release of say Key Lime Pie

2. which is a good rom? I've read some things that you lose a function like say bluetooth or something else I want a working phone not little project that works now and then and go digging for a answer.

thanks for the replys

For a full working Rom, which would you prefer? Sense, or pure Android?

I currently use myOne. Which One V carrier do you have?

As for updates...when the devs update their ROM, they will post in their original forum with the update and you can flash it or stay where you are. Some minor tweaks will just be available to download and flash as an add-on. Stable builds of Key lime pie are a ways off for the HOV.

I have to give +10 to myOne. Fastest ROM with the best battery life of anything I have tried (and I was hellbent on getting away from Sense).

90% of one v roms are unfinshed and left broken in areas like camera,etc..select according to needs. For working everything. myonev,and my update of blue sense works with everything.

Back
Top Bottom