• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC 10 Specs

I was hopping they would have released a model with front facing speakers. Waiting to hear the reviews on the 10's speakers.
Does the IR blaster remain andhow do i get the 64 gig version?

Quick look at the specs for the newest HTC flagship
http://phandroid.com/2016/04/12/htc-10-specs/

Nothing (really) to complain about, and everything to love.

I think HTC finally nailed the sweet spot for screen size.
Diggin' the return of the capacitive buttons & BlinkFeed as well.

I was hopping they would have released a model with front facing speakers. Waiting to hear the reviews on the 10's speakers.
Does the IR blaster remain and how do i get the 64 gig version?

The 64 GB version doesn't appear to be available ATM & I seriously doubt it'll be an option on any North American carriers.
I'm disappointed that they dropped the I-R Blaster.
I've got both on the G5,& with all other specs being virtually equal,I'm probably sitting this one out.
I do have to give the nod to HTC for (apparent) better build quality,my 2nd G5 is up to par,but,the HTC 10 no doubt will shine in that regard.

I made a guess about the speakers a couple of weeks ago when the leaked pictures of the HTC10 casing were revealed and it Looks like I was right;

"I've got a feeling Boomsound is going to be boomier than ever. See those grooves in the rear casing? I think those are going to blow up the bass on that bottom facing speaker making for a warmer sound than the One M8. Let's hope so anyway. Any Audio Engineers watching?"

Does the IR blaster remain andhow do i get the 64 gig version?

I think HTC finally nailed the sweet spot for screen size.
Diggin' the return of the capacitive buttons & BlinkFeed as well..

Blinkfeed never went anywhere?? Did it? I have it on the m9...

Love the addition on capacitive buttons.

And why would you think the 64gb version won't be available in US? It would have to be in my opinion. Would be silly not not sell it here. Great that it still has SD, but you have to have variety.

Things not available for Vzw yet, so it may be 64 just isn't available yet either...

IR blaster was cool, but I honestly *never* used it, so wont miss it personally.

With the M7 the developer edition had double the storage of the regular, but with M8 and M9 they were the same, so I guess it's unlikely that will be the case for the 10.

I think it is a safe guess that the 64GB edition won't be released in the UK, as they think we don't actually use storage: we were never offered the 64GB M7, the M8 only had 16GB here, and the same with the A9! So I'm just relieved that the minimum storage for the 10 is 32GB (+SD), as it means they don't have a low-capacity version to give us ;).

The original HTC TV app worked with my IR blaster, but I basically set it up once to see whether it did then never used it again. When they switched to the Peel remote app in the M9 (which then made its way to my M7 via custom ROMs) I tried that, and discovered that while it could turn my TV off it couldn't turn it on. So yeah, no real loss to me.

Blinkfeed never went anywhere?? Did it?

Coulda worded that better,I suppose,been around since the M7,just glad to see it hasn't been cast aside.

And why would you think the 64gb version won't be available in US? It would have to be in my opinion. Would be silly not not sell it here. Great that it still has SD, but you have to have variety.

Things not available for Vzw yet, so it may be 64 just isn't available yet either...
Just a guess,based on typical US Carrier availability:
Carrier branded HTC devices typically don't have storage options & we're lucky to get some color options.
AT&T is usually the one carrier that would have both,if available,but,since they're sitting this one out,my guess is we'll only see a 64 GB version if available on the unlocked version via direct sale from HTC.

+1 on at least 32GB storage for us poor folks in UK. Speakers not that fussed, but looking forward to hearing headphone audio though. Want to see what bundled hi-res earphones are like, who makes them and if they'll come with all packages or not.

Support for a 2TB card, is that right? Anybody know where we can actually get a 2TB SD card? now that's actually going to take a good chunk of FLAC tunes. Interested to see what the first prices for that look like, better start saving now!

I think "2TB microSD" is what you'd loosely call future proofing - loosely because I doubt any people will still be using the phone by the time those exist ;)

I will, it'll be the "analogue" equivalent I listen to whilst I'm also riding around on my fossil-fuel burning bike [emoji6]

Here ya go,just as I suspected,the USA's choices are limited yet again:

https://twitter.com/urbanstrata/status/719875924775321600
http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-10-64-GB-seemingly-not-coming-to-the-US_id80209

Yea, just saw that BS on phandroid
http://phandroid.com/2016/04/14/htc-10-us-64gb-32gb/

I just don't get it... is it cheaper to not sell/produce 64gb in US?

Also, you need one of the expensive UHS-1 U3 cards to use as adoptable storage. Articles just say, "you can use SD card to expand internal storage"

No... you have to have the more expensive ones. A regular class 10, or even a UHS-1 U1 card *will not* work...

Grrrrrrr

Interesting point about the U3 card (not that I want to use adoptable storage if I can avoid it).

There have to be supply chain savings if you have fewer models to ship to a particular market, but you'd think that as long as you expect decent sales of both models it would be worth it. They do have some funny ideas about which models will sell where though.

Mind you, they are not alone: Samsung have long had the habit of announcing different capacity models and then only making some of them available in many markets (e.g. the 64GB S7 isn't available in the UK, we only got the 16GB version of the S4 and several of the S6 storage options either never arrived or were withdrawn quite quickly).

Interesting point about the U3 card (not that I want to use adoptable storage if I can avoid it).

There have to be supply chain savings if you have fewer models to ship to a particular market, but you'd think that as long as you expect decent sales of both models it would be worth it. They do have some funny ideas about which models will sell where though.

Mind you, they are not alone: Samsung have long had the habit of announcing different capacity models and then only making some of them available in many markets (e.g. the 64GB S7 isn't available in the UK, we only got the 16GB version of the S4 and several of the S6 storage options either never arrived or were withdrawn quite quickly).

I'm with you, no desire to have SD act like internal storage. To much of a pain if you ever need to change card, or it fails, etc...

32gb is more than enough *for me*, but I just don't see the downfall in having more version available. If anything for the unlocked version, I get carrier specific models not having more than one option (dont agree, but I get it)

The original HTC TV app worked with my IR blaster, but I basically set it up once to see whether it did then never used it again. When they switched to the Peel remote app in the M9 (which then made its way to my M7 via custom ROMs) I tried that, and discovered that while it could turn my TV off it couldn't turn it on. So yeah, no real loss to me.

I won't miss the IR either. I have it on my M7, and I couldn't get the original TV app, or the replacement app to work properly with my equipment. I could turn my tv on and off, but it was my DVR that was the problem.

Sorry HTC, no 10 for me. I tried and rejected the Galaxy S7 partly because I kept covering the speaker with my fingers, and it's in the same spot on the 10.
So, I just bought a new-old stock M8 for $220, which, like my old M7, has front STEREO speakers with fantastic sound..
The M8 is still a significant upgrade over my M7, which has the purple camera problem.

Sorry HTC, no 10 for me. I tried and rejected the Galaxy S7 partly because I kept covering the speaker with my fingers, and it's in the same spot on the 10.
So, I just bought a new-old stock M8 for $220, which, like my old M7, has front STEREO speakers with fantastic sound..
The M8 is still a significant upgrade over my M7, which has the purple camera problem.
There are some great deals on the m9 right now also :)

Back
Top Bottom