• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Dream vs. T-Mobile G1

phandroid

Admin News Bot
A few sources are reporting that what everyone and their mother have been calling the “HTC Dream” for so long will actually be marketed as the T-Mobile G1. Apparently, the Magenta Men want to flex their muscle by re-branding the phone as their own (a la Sidekick) and cash in on the idea of the [...]

More...

I read somewhere else it's really common for HTC's phones to be renamed by T-mobile. If this phone's as sweet as it's supposed to be they better call it the dream. :p

Yeah all of HTC's phone have been renamed to T-mobile something...I.E....
HTC Herald = Tmobile Wing
HTC Wizard = Tmobile MDA
HTC Juno = Tmobile Shadow
HTC Excalibur = Tmobile Dash

That is only for the US, other countries have different phone names...Like the MDA Vario, XDA...and what not.

But i think that is the case for most of HTC's phones...The HTC Kaiser is also known as the Mda Vario III, HTC TyTN II and AT&T Tilt.
The HTC Wizard is also known as the Qtek 9100 / I-mate K-JAM / MDA Vario / O2 XDA Mini S / SPV M3000 / Cingular 8125 / T-Mobile MDA / Dopod 838 / VPA compact II
The HTC Herald is know as Tmobile Wing and HTC P4350

So even HTC has different names for their phones!

Yes is correct what you said. In my country (Croatia - Europe) T-mobile give name for HTC device MDA somethink, like Vario for HTC Wizard (before Qtek 9100).

Here I put link where you can find HTC models and different names for models.

Back
Top Bottom