• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC HD2 vs HTC Dragon

NewbieX2

Nov 14, 2009
I'm switching to Verizon sometime around the holidays and I was first looking into the Droid, but I'm hearing all this great news about upcoming phones and I just can't decide. The Droids virtual keyboard surprised me, as I was never a big fan (coming from an Instinct), but the landscape virtual keyboard on the Droid was spectacular. I've always been a hardware keyboard guy myself (I'm pretty heavy on the texting), but I can do without if I get superb virtual keyboards. So, my question is...should I wait it out for the Passion/Draggon or HD2? If so, which one? And if not, should I get that Droid?

I'm in the same boat. I've been waiting and waiting for the "right" phone to come along and it just hasn't happened yet. I'm sure HOPING the Passion ends up being the one. However, if it's not, that HD2 sure looks sweet. The only reason I would even consider it is because of Windows 7 being on the horizon. My concern, though, is that Android is on the way up in terms of popularity so they'll be getting more support in terms of Developers and Apps and so forth, while Windows is a big question mark. I'm not one of those anti WinMo people just for sake of being anti WinMo. I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, especially since I'm hearing that it's not so bad on the HD2 with the HTC UI on top of it. And considering 7 SHOULD be a vast improvement. The hardware is just too sweet lookin to pass up. Although I'm not sure if the screen will be too big for me or not.

So...for me, my last hopes are the Passion or the HD2 and if those don't do it MAYBE going for the Droid. I'm not gonna freakin wait forever for the Xperia or the Acer. So, as far as what you SHOULD get, I don't think you can make that decision until the Passion and HD2 hit the streets and you can get your hands on them to get a feel for them. I do suggest holding out for them, though, instead of jumping to the droid just yet.

Upvote 0
I did happen to see a 40 something minute review of the HD2 and I'm going to have to say I'm leaning towards the passion now. The hd2 is nice and all, but I must admit that winmo scared me a little. Android being on the rise is another good concern. The amount of attention its getting (AND praise) is undeniable.

I'm curious to see how that trckball will feel as well. From what unfortunately little I've seen of the phone, I'm pretty excited. Especially since its coming out so soon (hopefully. Anytime within the next 30 days would be fantastic). The huge screen and nice camera are just too much to wait for. And if the Passions virtual keyboard is anything like the Droid's I think I'll be sold.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones