• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC Inspire/Straight Talk/Mobile Network

baine08

Lurker
Jul 20, 2014
I have an HTC inspire 4g and the straight tak sim card activated. My htc inspire works on wifi and acts as if there is a sim card inserted. When I try to set my APN my mobile network option is greyed out so I cannot do so. My phone acts as if it is unlocked until I try to call or message, then it says it is in airplane mode even though it is not. I am lost on how to unlock my mobile option and to setup my sim with the way it is acting. It is rooted and I have tried switching with an app from 3/4g to 2g but then my phone tells me no sim is inserted even though it is. I have tried reinserting and cleaning the pins, I have even tried placing a small piece of paper behind the sim to ensure contact.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones