• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root HTC M8 Custom ROM WiFi not working - How to update Firmware?

HTCM8MAN

Lurker
Hi!
I tried to install a custom ROM (SkyDragon+M8+v4.0.0+Sense+8+MM) on my rooted HTC One M8, and everything worked fine (ROM starting up), aside from the WiFi :(

I read the many posts here about similar issues and I suspect the issue may be the firmware version, yet I have no idea which firmware I should update it to! Here are my phones stats:

*** UNLOCKED ***
M8_UL PVT SHIP S-OFF
CID-11111111
RADIO-1.1921331147A1.09G
OpenDSP-v.38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS-
eMMC-boot 2048MB
Aug 8 2014, 16:07:36.0

I also have ran the "fastboot getvar all" command, and under "modelid" it says: "0P6B1****", so I can't tell which exact HTC M8 Model I have! There are a bunch of firmware here, but I don't know which one should work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

My TWRP version is 3.1.1. If any other data is required, please tell me!

Sometimes the radio is specific enough to identify the precise model or cid (since your cidnum has been changed), but not this one. But from the number of different models I've found using that radio (Canadian, British, Asian) I'd personally guess that the most recent International firmware there should be OK.

Did you make these modifications (S-Off & super-cid) yourself? I'm asking because if you did I'd expect you to know where the phone was originally bought from (i.e. which country, unlocked or carrier-locked, and if the latter which carrier) which would identify the model number anyway.

TWRP version doesn't matter - you can reflash the version you want again after the update.

Sometimes the radio is specific enough to identify the precise model or cid (since your cidnum has been changed), but not this one. But from the number of different models I've found using that radio (Canadian, British, Asian) I'd personally guess that the most recent International firmware there should be OK.

Did you make these modifications (S-Off & super-cid) yourself? I'm asking because if you did I'd expect you to know where the phone was originally bought from (i.e. which country, unlocked or carrier-locked, and if the latter which carrier) which would identify the model number anyway.

TWRP version doesn't matter - you can reflash the version you want again after the update.

Thanks for the reply! I did in fact root it myself, and apparently it was an unlocked, international phone.
I took the "risk "and installed this firmware: RUU_4.16.401.10_M8_WWE_Stock.exe | by Sneakyghost for One M8" from this link. Following this, I was able to see under OS- 4.16.... However, I had to reinstall TWRP recovery software and reroot the phone due to the firmware update. After this, I wiped the data in the TWRP (advanced wipe> cache, cache/dalvik, data, and system only), and installed the original ROM again.

Magic, now WIFI works perfectly. Hope I helped anyone who had the same issue!

Back
Top Bottom