• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC Music vs Google Music - Different Folders?

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Nov 30, 2011
I'm trying to determine the difference between the HTC Music App, the Google Music App, and Amazon MP3 on the Rezound.

HTC Music App:
Offers ability to fast forward, pause, and rewind from the lock screen. Offers Beats audio. But it does not sync with Google Music purchased through the phone.

Google Music:
Syncs up with market.android.com, songs can be downloaded to the device (although I cannot find the directory). The downside is that it cannot be controlled from the lock screen, and does not offer Beats audio.

Amazon MP3:
Syncs with Amazon Cloud Drive and the songs can be downloaded and played in Google Music. Yet, it has the same drawbacks as Google Music, ie no Beats and no control from the lock screen.

For my personal use, I don't care about Beats but I really want to be able to control the music from the lock screen. So this poses the following question, what's the easiest way to get my music purchased from the Android Market and Amazon MP3 into the HTC Music file system?

Thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones