• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M7_UL PN PN0710000 S-Off SuperCID work with LTE in the USA?

Feb 16, 2016
I recently purchased the HTC One M7 (because it was the blue variant and I wanted it). It's network unlocked and to my surprise the bootloader says S-Off. It seems to have the latest Android update available for it, 5.0.2. Everything works perfectly on it with the exception of LTE. I placed my T-Mobile SIM card and all I get is EDGE. I don't even get 3G. The network mode is set to 2G/3G/4G auto. I still only get EDGE. The only APN listed is "T-Mobile US LTE" and it can't be edited.

The seller I purchased it from on eBay says that it supports the following:

It is unlocked and can be used in US. The 4G bands is : LTE 700/850/1700/1900/2100

Here's the output of fastboot getvar all

(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.61.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4T.35.3218.16
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 7.19.401.22
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: FA3xxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) imei: 357xxxxxxxxxxxx
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3716mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
(bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-0e2a13e5
(bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
(bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
all: Done!
finished. total time: 0.140s

So I see it says"M7_UL" which supports LTE, but the MID is "PN0710000" which I just looked up and it's supposed to be the European international version. I even went to the local AT&T store and they tried one of their SIM cards on it and it doesn't even get a mobile signal. Does that mean that there's no way to get LTE to work with this phone in the USA?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 415
  • 02.png
    02.png
    95 KB · Views: 310
  • 03.png
    03.png
    94 KB · Views: 315
  • 04.png
    04.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 302
  • 05.png
    05.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 283
  • 06.png
    06.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 311
  • 07.png
    07.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
According to https://willmyphonework.net
...that EU variant of the One M7 will NOT support 4G with T-Mobile in the US, and 3G maybe only partial. And I believe AT&T doesn't operate a 2G network anymore. So I think there is absolutely no way to get it to work correctly in the USA.

Yep, AT&T shut down their 2G service early last year. Oddly enough, I don't get 3G at all, but what I don't get is why the LTE is not working if the phone supports the bands for LTE in the USA. That makes no sense to me.

Upvote 0
Yep, AT&T shut down their 2G service early last year. Oddly enough, I don't get 3G at all, but what I don't get is why the LTE is not working if the phone supports the bands for LTE in the USA. That makes no sense to me.

Well according to willmyphonework.net that "EU" variant of the M7 does NOT support US 4G with either carrier. ME(Middle East), AF(Africa).
tmobile.jpg
att.png

And partial support on 3G. Maybe it only works in certain areas? Presumably it doesn't have all the 3G bands for complete support in the US? I would suggest that the Ebay description and vendor are wrong. and you've found out that it doesn't.

See about returning it I think, there's not much else you can do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well according to willmyphonework.net that "EU" variant of the M7 does NOT support US 4G with either carrier. ME(Middle East), AF(Africa).
View attachment 133380 View attachment 133381

And partial support on 3G. Maybe it only works in certain areas? Presumably it doesn't have all the 3G bands for complete support in the US? I would suggest that the Ebay description and vendor are wrong. and you've found out that it doesn't.

See about returning it I think, there's not much else you can do.

I see. Well that seems to be spot on. Except that 3G doesn't work at all. Supposedly people have used USA variants of phones to enable bands needed for use in Europe. Since the phone is network, unlocked, S-Off and has Super CID, couldn't flashing a firmware of T-mobile or AT&T enable LTE or at least 3G?

I'd have thought you'd get 3G coverage: it should support the 850 and 1900 bands, which are US bands (not sure exactly what T-Mobile use though). No chance of US LTE though, especially not T-Mobile with their split-band AWS setup which back in 2013 was only supported by special T-Mobile variants of most phones.

Yeah I figured at least 3G would work. 2G wouldn't be so terrible if it weren't being phased out, but still I wanted the LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones