• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC One M9 - Google Voice has defaulted over my keyboard

I have an HTC One M9 on Verizon. The phone is set to download all app updates when I am on wifi so it frequently downloads things I don't want.

Today I cannot access my keyboard - the phone defaults to Google Voice somethingorother. I cannot figure out which app switched this and I want my virtual keyboard back!

When I go to setting on the keyboard page, it is OFF and will not let me switch it back on..

Without a full reset, can anyone tell me which Google app hijacked my keyboard in favor of the Google voice thingy?

Thanks,
Phil

1st, the damage is done.

2nd, go to Play Store on your phone, open the Settings and turn OFF auto updates.

3rd, go to Application Manager and uninstall all the apps you don't want, if they are OEM in the ROM, they will just revert back to the original version.

4th, use something like super backup to keep everything preserved. the apps we can't but you can download the .apk files and archive them somewhere. I do that for the special apps that I don't want to ever get an upgrade.

Upgrades, as you just experienced, are not always a good thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones