• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One V screen Problem

gigatonmm

Lurker
Hello All,
I love my HTC but when I opened it up.this morning I found a small patch of purple lines in the corner. I have a screen protector and I never handle the Phone roughly. And idea what's wrong?

Mine developed ( no reason I know of) what I would call a "blotch" of purple. As best as I can figure, it's visible unless the phone is actually painting the area of the screen with a color- but if its a light color the purple bleeds through.

If I take a screen picture, areas of the screen that should be black show the blotch, light colored objects show bleed through.

The same with any photos taken-- if they are framed in the view finder to be where the screen blotch is, light colored objects may show bleed through, black objects will have a purple blotch. This will show if the saved picture is printed, or if it's displayed on any computer screen.

---
second observation, indoor pictures seem to have a yellow cast - I do have rooms where the light is fluorescent- but changing the camera settings to fluorescent doesn't seem to have any effect.

Strange bug.. have any of you tried making screen adjustments (brightness, animations, etc) just to see if that has an affect on the rogue color issue?

Adjusting the screen brightness manually

1. Slide the Notifications panel open, and then tap
    howtoimage.aspx
  2. Tap Display (or Display & gestures) and then tap Brightness.
  3. Clear the Automatic brightness option.
  4. Drag the brightness slider to the left to decrease or to the right to increase the screen brightness.
Adjusting the time before the screen turns off

After a period of inactivity, the screen turns off to conserve battery power. You can set the idle time before the screen turns off.
    howtoimage.aspx
  2. Tap Display (or Display & gestures) and then tap Sleep.
  3. Tap the time before the screen turns off.
Turning automatic screen rotation off

Note: Automatic rotation is not supported in all applications.

howtoimage.aspx
  2. Tap Display (or Display & gestures).
  3. Clear the Auto-rotate screen option.
Recalibrating the G-sensor

Recalibrate the screen if you feel that the screen orientation does not respond properly to the way you hold HTC One V.
    howtoimage.aspx
  2. Tap Display (or Display & gestures) and then tap G-Sensor calibration.
  3. Place HTC One V on a flat and level surface, and then tap Calibrate.
  4. After the recalibration process, tap OK.
Keeping the screen on while charging

howtoimage.aspx
  3. Select the Stay awake option.
Switching animation effects on or off

howtoimage.aspx
  3. Select or clear the Animation option.
Be sure to reboot following any of these changes.

Back
Top Bottom