• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One V wifi won't turn on. How do I fix it?

jimmywalt

I have a used HTC One V and it wifi won't turn on. It just says "Turning on Wi-Fi...." and then later says "Wi-Fi Error". Seems there's a problem inside the phone.

The phone isn't supposed to be active (with Virgin Mobile) but I found out I can call people.

Does the wifi not turn on because this phone isn't supposed to have service, or wouldn't that matter?

Thank you.

It wouldn't matter. Either the wifi radio firmware is bad or the wifi hardware is bad. Many of us run phones on wifi that don't have service with any carrier.

I have a used HTC One V and it wifi won't turn on. It just says "Turning on Wi-Fi...." and then later says "Wi-Fi Error". Seems there's a problem inside the phone.

The phone isn't supposed to be active (with Virgin Mobile) but I found out I can call people.

Does the wifi not turn on because this phone isn't supposed to have service, or wouldn't that matter?

Thank you.

It's also possible you purchased a device second hand that someone flashed a custom kernel but not the lib modules needed for Wi-Fi

What is the info in about phone under settings that refer to kernel and software version?

Back
Top Bottom