• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HTC One V wont boot!

lovesexy

Lurker
Hi All

I bought an HTC One V second hand last week and it was running fine up until yesterday. I bought a new Micro SD 32gb card and it seemed ok. I tried to download a map for skobbler (legally) but the thing kept stalling and slowing down. I had the no sim sign a couple of times as well as a disk type sign that I can't find in the HTC One V manual. Anyway, then I decided to turn off the device and take out the sd card. Booted but kinda slow. I finished with trying to boot the device with neither a sim nor micro sd inserted and the device wont boot properly.
I can charge, the orange light comes on and the yellow led was lit this morning to signify that it's fully recharged etc. When I connect the device to my PC there are two drives that appear on My computer but I can't access them.
I've tried the hard reset, holding down volume and power button but all I get is the three logos flashing at the bottom of the handset. They flash maybe 14 times then nothing. Once I let go of the buttons I get the the white screen 'HTC quietly brilliant' then nothing but black screen. It's weird because you can kind of see that the screen is on but it's black.
I will add that swiftkey was installed by a friend of mine and I didn't pay for it. The rest of the apps were purchased or free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is my first smartphone! :(

Thing is even when buying second hand or offline from a website it still has the 1 year warranty given under VM and not flashed to another carrier.Simply call them and request a replacement

Back
Top Bottom