• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

HTC ONE X Keeps overwriting videos

pacuk01

Hi,

If I take a video with my phone, it says saving at the end and then I can see the image in the album. If I do the same thing again the image is replaced with the new video and it is given the file same number. I eventually end up with all the videos (5 in total) all having the same thumbnails, 4 come up and now say that I can not use this file type on my phone and one works. What on earth is going on..seems like I can only take one video?

Hiya,

App Storage says 5.89GB/6.76GB and phone storage 2.58GB/25.24GB.

(Can I ask you an off topic question too as I see you have got Nexus 7. I got one back in May, and have been plagued with it rebooting continually, especially when not on mains power. I have done numerous factory resets and it makes no dif, directly it is on mains power it is fine, off mains power even at 96% capacity it crashes, reboots numerous times. Support for this device seems very limited)

So it's not as if there's no space :\

What happens when you try to browse the phones storage on your PC? How many videos show?

Try clearing the cache and data of the gallery and camera apps (make sure your pics are backed up before hand, just in case).

Re. the N7, anything impeding the charging port? It's odd that it doesn't do it when it's plugged in? Try plugging in a cable, but not connecting it to the mains. If it still does it, it means there's probably an issue with the battery connections (and that's a relatively easy fix). If it doesn't do it, it could point to an issue with the charging port.

Seriously though, the N7 forums are relatively active, if you post there you should get some decent suggestions. :)

Many thanks or that. I will try it.

With the N7 I meant as in from Google. It has a two year warranty so I will probably end up taking it back. I got my daughter one for Xmas. It is the later version and she has no issues with it at all.

Ah ok, misunderstood, sorry.

Yeah, Google should replace/repair it no problem if you give them a call. I've only needed to use them once and they were spot on.

Back
Top Bottom