• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei Epic potential?

Snow_Fox

Android Expert
I find it funny that Huawei isn't getting more attention.

A snapdragon 7" tablet at 300$? specs aren't perfect.

Sure ipad may be a bit faster.
Samsung Tab may be a bit faster as well.

I know snapdragon is old hardware now..

however, for 300$ that is a pretty amazing price since most PHONE'S with a snapdragon are 400$-500$ without contract.

Don't get me wrong, It could just be that a lot of android users out there just don't care at all about tablets.. (I would be one of them to a large degree however, when I notice interesting things I'm going to mention it.)

In addition to that for 200$ you can get the ideos which runs STOCK froyo NO ADDED UI!

And now they have the X5 and X6 coming out which aren't overly impressive in terms of hardware. You could argue "standard midranged smartphones".

However, if they also run unmodded android..

We could be overlooking one of the best possible things to happen to android!

Imagine a "no strings attached" provider of android phones! Heck even without contract and paying more for it, that sounds amazing.

If the x5 and x6 were in the 300$-400$ price range with no contract.. They would be some of the cheapest android phone's you could buy possibly running unmodded android.

i just copped and rooted the ideos s7 today. Its pretty nifty. I just hope someone puts out a rom for this device. this is primarily for gaming for my son, but im not liking the limited internal storage. This thing needs apps2sd stat.

I bought one about a week ago. Still loving it! I am posting from it right now. Good performance for the buck.

How is the resistive touch screen working for yall?

It looks like a beastly tablet, I must admit I'm a bit envious of yall.

Think its worth the 300$ then?

Back
Top Bottom