• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei P30 / sms dont hide content on lock screen

Pampos10

Lurker
So guys.

I only have swipe to unlock my screen.

I have it not to show the notifications content on lock screen and it works with Messenger.

But with SMS, it does show the content on lock screen. I even disabled it from the sms settings but it still shows the content.

But if i apply some sort of protection, like pin number to unlock the screen, the sms content is hidden! But with just swipe to unlock, it still shows thw content!

What can i do?

You can change it from the settings menu.

This is what im saying. I changed it from the settings but for some reason, it only hides the content when i have a secure way to unlock the screen like pin code.

When i just swipe the screen to unlock the phone, the sms show the content of the lock screen even if i have the notifications at "show but hide content'.

This is normal?

I've got a Huawei Mate 10, and it's never shown SMS on swipe to unlock screens.

Are you using any third-party lock-screens, skins, or themes?

I've got a Huawei Mate 10, and it's never shown SMS on swipe to unlock screens.

Are you using any third-party lock-screens, skins, or themes?

No, i just bought the phone some days ago.

From the notifications settings for lock screen, i have 'show but hide content'. I have the same option from the sms settings.

But it only hides the content in the lock screen only when i have some sort of protection, like pin code. If i dont apply some protection and i just swipe to unlock, on the lock screen it does show the content of the sms.

Swipe to unlock means no security at all, everyone can see what your device has, so why do you want to hide the preview content of the messages?

Swipe to unlock means no security at all, everyone can see what your device has, so why do you want to hide the preview content of the messages?

Its easier and quicker for me to access the phone with just swipe unlock but in the same time, i would like to have the option to hide the content on lock screen.

Back
Top Bottom