• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Huawei Y6 2015 stuck in boot loop. Help needed!

My Huawei Y6 2015 got stuck in boot loop. I tried to put it in recovery mode in order to factory reset the rom but it didn't allow me. (By pressing the Vol + and Vol - and lock key simultaneously). I found out that the developer option is not turned on. I can only put my phone in Fastboot mode. The boot loader is locked. It won't allow me to flash any rom ( even the stock rom). My phone is having everything stock and never tried to root it or anything like that. Everytime I tried to flash it with custom rom, it says

FAILED (remote: Necessary to unlock FRP! Navigate to Settings > Developer op) finished.​

Anybody could help ? Thanks

The phone does not offer factory reset option. the only thing it offers is FASTBOOT MODE while holding volume down button at restart. And the error
FAILED (remote: Necessary to unlock FRP! Navigate to Settings > Developer op)
occurs when I try to flash a ROM using either the fastboot flash or the Huawei Multitool. The sources I have downloaded the rom claimed to be the stock ROM. I have tried almost all the Stock ROM available for Y6. My variant is SCL-U31 which is mainly
available in " Pkistan United Arab Emirates Qatar Tunisia Ethiopia Android 5.1.1 EMUI 3.1.1 "

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones