• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I can't for the life of me figure out how to use WiFi only

GAMESHARQ

Android Enthusiast
I want to be able to use the web browser and get emails using WiFi only instead of using my phone connection, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it.

I am running Android 2.3.6 on a Samsung Exhibit II 4G.

I tried going to Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks and unchecked the Use Packet Data box, but that didn't seem to work.

Can someone please help me figure out how to do it?

It's been a while since I used a Gingerbread device, but in the Wireless & Networks Menu, there should be a WiFi Option there, have you turned WiFi on and entered your routers details?

in settings, put it in airplane mode. that will turn off both the cell radios and your wifi. then, turn on wifi while leaving it still in airplane mode.

i have a galaxy s on gingerbread 2.3.6. should be the same i'd imagine. in fact, its been the same on every android i've had up thru kitkat.

Yes your on the same page just download toggle pro from the Google play store fast easy and all the switches are on the home page

Thank you. The airplane mode method seems to have worked. Now the only problem is that I cannot connect my bluetooth headphones to it. I didn't realize bluetooth was disabled when in airplane mode. Is there any way to be in airplane mode and still have bluetooth on?

Back
Top Bottom