• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I guess I bricked a MyTouch 4G for good :(

I bought two used MyTouch 4G's from a seller on Craigslist for very little money, the phones are cosmetically both a 9.5 out of 10 and only one of the two had issues so I thought I got a good deal. One phone was stuck at the Boot Screen and I had to flash the latest stock ROM in recovery to get it to even boot normally. I had no problems whatsoever with the other phone. I successfully downgraded both from 2.3.4 to 2.2.1 through adb so I could root and flash Virtuous Unity 2.39.0 on them. I tried to temporarily root the "problem phone" with Visionary r14 which did not work right away, the phone kept freezing and rebooting. Eventually it worked and I used gfree to permanently root it. I have S-OFF and boot loader 0.86.0000. After attempting to flash VU 2.39.0 on the phone and some error messages about E: and logs, I tried to restore the PD15IMG.zip for 2.2.1 and I didn't get FAIL-PU error messages, it asked me if I wanted to update and it said "OK" after the steps. The phone worked for a minute or two and then shut itself off. It did it about 5 times.

Now the phone will not even turn on. It doesn't show the orange LED when it is plugged in. When I press Power and Volume down, NADA. The same when I press Power and Volume up. Nothing. There is no vibration, no attempt to boot up at all. When I plug it into my laptop, it gives me some weird tones, not like when I plug in any other MyTouch 4G and adb doesn't recognize it either. I have tried two different chargers that I know are working and two different batteries that I know are fully charged. The phone is DEAD, I think I might have bricked it :(

The working phone has the inferior screen and the bricked one has the superior screen. I wish it was the other way around :)

Is there anything I can do to "revive" that phone? Any input is greatly appreciated !!

i have the same problem but mine turn on the orange light when connected to charger also a little one in the action button. No adb connection

Back
Top Bottom