• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I just got a message saying there was a software update

MustangLife

Here is the message....

BSTFreeMsg: A software update for your phone is available. Go to: Apps > System Settings > System Updates > Update ZTE Software to complete download.

Im on the deodexed kitkat rom i updated through superr's guide back when we first got an update.

Does anyone know what this is.

Here is the message....

BSTFreeMsg: A software update for your phone is available. Go to: Apps > System Settings > System Updates > Update ZTE Software to complete download.

Im on the deodexed kitkat rom i updated through superr's guide back when we first got an update.

Does anyone know what this is.
What version of android are you running now?

edit: scratch that, you already said lol

edit2: if you do as they say and download the update, I can take a look and see if I can tell what it is. Before rebooting, just copy the file from /cache. It will be the only zip file in there and will have a really long name. Don't worry about what will happen to your phone on reboot. The update will certainly fail since you are not on full stock.

Yeah, got the message as well today but I'm on the rooted deodex kitkat rom so wont try to update it. Highly curious as to what the update is about.

I got the same message on friday as well. I am also running the Kitkat 4.4.2 deodexed rom from SuperR's post. When I attempted to run the update check I was almost immediately prompted that there was no update. So contrary to what the text message I received said there was no follow through as far as I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom