• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I know enough to be dangerous.

jtintle

Well, I was playing around trying to modify Boneface's stock zip, I was trying to use dsixda's Android Kitchen, well let's just say I didn't get it right and well I ended up with a bootloop. I tried to restore from my original backup, and that got an error when it came to restoring data, so I went back to wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache and tried my backup for Boneface's short stack rom. Well that failed on restoring data. So I thought I was screwed, and stuck in a bootloop....

Well I tried one more thing, when I pulled the battery to end the bootloop, I pulled the Sim card, then I booted into recovery, I did an advanced restore from ext sd card, I started with restore Boot, then restore system, then restore cache, I left out data. Once that was finished I rebooted, well I guess it rebuilt the data section. it booted into android, but this is something slightly different, almost like a vanilla ICS, no metro apps, almost a stock ICS.

So I went back to recovery and did a backup, and here it is,
http://www.jtintle.com/downloads/premia.7z

EDIT: I just packaged the Boot, Recovery and System, originally I had the whole CWM backup

Well I shut down and inserted the sim card, booted, I have 3x data and phone service, it says the PRL is 2034, I tried the ##626* and the subsidy code 587846 and it says its the wrong code, I also tried updating my roaming list but it was unavailable...

Well that was fun now lets see if I can recover into one of my other backups....

Hope this info helps

Well, I was playing around trying to modify Boneface's stock zip, I was trying to use dsixda's Android Kitchen, well let's just say I didn't get it right and well I ended up with a bootloop. I tried to restore from my original backup, and that got an error when it came to restoring data, so I went back to wipe data/factory reset, then wipe cache and tried my backup for Boneface's short stack rom. Well that failed on restoring data. So I thought I was screwed, and stuck in a bootloop....

Well I tried one more thing, when I pulled the battery to end the bootloop, I pulled the Sim card, then I booted into recovery, I did an advanced restore from ext sd card, I started with restore Boot, then restore system, then restore cache, I left out data. Once that was finished I rebooted, well I guess it rebuilt the data section. it booted into android, but this is something slightly different, almost like a vanilla ICS, no metro apps, almost a stock ICS.

So I went back to recovery and did a backup, and here it is,
http://www.jtintle.com/downloads/premia.7z

EDIT: I just packaged the Boot, Recovery and System, originally I had the whole CWM backup

Well I shut down and inserted the sim card, booted, I have 3x data and phone service, it says the PRL is 2034, I tried the ##626* and the subsidy code 587846 and it says its the wrong code, I also tried updating my roaming list but it was unavailable...

Well that was fun now lets see if I can recover into one of my other backups....

Hope this info helps
this happened to me.. try wipe data factory reset then boot back into rom.
good idea on the back up of the "mystery rom" i encountered a few times. gonna take a look at it. i know that in that rom you can switch alot of data/networking options..it was weird. happened when i deleted data and system folders

Well it looked like a basic ICS, no metro bloat...but who knows...although what do I know....

I'm pretty sure I messed up the edify_defs in kitchen and that's what screwed me up...I think I'll just stick with system changes and leave boot.img alone, for now...

Back