• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need a complete replacement app for stock "Phone app"

M

mohsinmkg23

I rooted my 4.4.2 recently and uninstalled stock android Phone app completely, I had downloaded a dialer app from Play store. I realised that that dialer app(and many others I would try later) just provide a cover over stock android phone. When someone calls me I only hear ringtone and no pop-up to accept or reject call. I am unable to find an app that have all capabilities of a stock phone app.

Please share with me any app that does this complete job.

P.S : I will be happy with stock Phone app if I can find its apk(which I am unable to)

The stock app varies between manufacturers and models, so we'd need more information.

However, reflashing the phone's software completely may be the simplest solution (again, depends on manufacturer how you do this).

You should of course never modify system software without taking a backup of the ROM first (i.e. back up using a custom recovery). If you stick to that principle then things like this are trivial to solve.

I wouldn't seeing some suggestions for a dialer replacement myself. I don't care for the Motorola dialer very much.

Back