• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need definitive info on this device

knoober

Android Enthusiast
I just ordered it an haven't received yet. I'm trying to do some of the prep work in getting the files I need beforehand. So for clarity : TWRP and the kernels are for cricket and such? No boost variant? Also for clarity, the specs I read said 64bit, but I have seen much here to make me think the boost variant is going to be 32bit? So basically I can root and factory reset with the work that's been done so far? Thanks in advance, I hate to pester, but I can't seem to sort good info from rumor

Thanks man, I always forget to check xda for specific device info. It seems like everything I find there is tweaks for the OS, or a script for somethin. II'll check the link. Thanks again

I read through the xda stuff and am confident that I can get root once I get my device. I know its probably a pipedream, but I am hoping the 32/64bit stuff is incorrect and I get a 64. We'll see once it gets here I guess.

The real question now though, is what are the device serials for each variant. For instance http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/general/how-to-root-htc-desire-510-t2951744 Is this okay for my variant? If it says I do apologize I must be spoiled and hard of reading, but I didnt see them. Im kinda used to having them so I can be assured of what device I am flashing for (believe me though I still have flashed the wrong files for the wrong device) Labels are important for those like me who are google ******** :) Thanks again guys

Edit: Got my device and have the bootloader unlocked so far. Ive been trying to load into TWRP without flashing it so I can get a stock backup, but am hitting some sort of snag. Ive let it hang there at whatever message it displays for nearly 10 min (downloading image I think is the message) before I give up. I guess I could let it sit overnight if it is normal behavior

Last edited:
I read through the xda stuff and am confident that I can get root once I get my device. I know its probably a pipedream, but I am hoping the 32/64bit stuff is incorrect and I get a 64. We'll see once it gets here I guess.

The real question now though, is what are the device serials for each variant. For instance http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/general/how-to-root-htc-desire-510-t2951744 Is this okay for my variant? If it says I do apologize I must be spoiled and hard of reading, but I didnt see them. Im kinda used to having them so I can be assured of what device I am flashing for (believe me though I still have flashed the wrong files for the wrong device) Labels are important for those like me who are google ******ed :) Thanks again guys

Edit: Got my device and have the bootloader unlocked so far. Ive been trying to load into TWRP without flashing it so I can get a stock backup, but am hitting some sort of snag. Ive let it hang there at whatever message it displays for nearly 10 min (downloading image I think is the message) before I give up. I guess I could let it sit overnight if it is normal behavior
Good news! There Is a work around rthat that had been made as well as a 64 bit kernel! Along with a custom recovery. They are going further with this do expect to bit ROMS pretty quick! As soon as they are released I'll post here ASAP!

attention HTC desire 510 64 bit....I'm still checking on HBOOT to get S-OFF, as soon as I come up with more info I'll come back and spread the wealth. You can message me with questions if you'd like.

The real question now though, is what are the device serials for each variant. For instance http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/general/how-to-root-htc-desire-510-t2951744 Is this okay for my variant? If it says I do apologize I must be spoiled and hard of reading, but I didnt see them. Im kinda used to having them so I can be assured of what device I am flashing for (believe me though I still have flashed the wrong files for the wrong device) Labels are important for those like me who are google ******ed :) Thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom