• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I need help with my Droid X2....

ToxicStar

Lurker
Okay, so heres the problem:
Yesterday, I was walking outside and heard my phone turn on, even though last time I had checked it was on. So I pull it out of my coat pocket and unlock the screen. The message "Sorry! com.motorola.service.main has expectantly stopped working" pops up. After I press "Force Close" a bunch of other apps start to fail without me pressing force close again all of them just do it themselves, and the phone restarts, and does the same thing over again. I called Verizon and they told me to fastboot it, but its not even wanting to do that, its been sitting here for a good 30 mins on the same screen "Fastboot" and under it "Starting Fastboot protocal support" under it with the "Duel Core" below that. But, I've also tried putting it into safe mode, and it won't even do that for me.

Are you rooted and on a custom rom? If you are on stock and not rooted I would take it to a Verizon store to see if they will offer a replacement device or so. If not and you have rooted it you will have to try to perform an sbf to try to get it back to stock.

think verizon, meant coldboot
when you see fastboot, click volume down till
boot android (no BP)
then volume up
should see cold booting linux
not sure how that would help either

fastboot is for flashing system files

Back