• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I require some assistance please! :)

iTzKPanda

AF's resident panda
Before I tell you the issue, I should tell you what device I have.
I have a Samsung Epic 4G Touch that is NOT rooted and is on android version Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.4).

Before I upgraded to ICS, I could use the application Easy Phone Tunes to sync my itunes library to my phone. However, ever since the upgrade, I do not seem to be able to. My computer keeps reading my phone as a media device and not a removable disk or whatever.

Could anyone help me?

You should be able to set your device as a USB, believe this option is in the settings(on mine its settings, more, USB capabilities)

From what you have described this should help, but I've never used iTunes so couldn't say for def.lol

Good luck :-)

You should be able to set your device as a USB, believe this option is in the settings(on mine its settings, more, USB capabilities)

From what you have described this should help, but I've never used iTunes so couldn't say for def.lol

Good luck :-)
I don't have the USB capabilities thing on mine :/

Try menu>Settings>Wireless and networks>USB connection>set it to mass storage
That's for Gingerbread, I'm on Ice Cream Sandwich :P

I don't have the USB capabilities thing on mine :/

That's for Gingerbread, I'm on Ice Cream Sandwich :P

If you're using a Samsung phone, shouldn't matter since Touchwiz still looks the same and menu's haven't changed. At least its the case in international versions. Unless you're not using a Samsung ROM anymore.

I have moved you to the Samsung epic 4g touch forum since this is a device specific issue. If you believe this is an error you can pm me

I'm pretty sure that you're running into this issue because of how ICS and GB treat being connected. Stock ICS might only be able to be connected as a "device" but you should still have access to the internal storage of the device. I might be wrong but I've never been on ICS without root and a custom rom.

Is there anyway to get Easy Phone Tunes to read/sync to a different destination?

Back
Top Bottom