• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I think I ruined my phone. Please help if you can.

So I am thinking about puking or crying but I thought maybe instead you guys could help. So here is the deal. I rooted my Droid X2 a few months ago using some random YouTube video and Motorola one click. (Let me be clear, I am not someone who should have ever done that because I had and still have no idea what I was/am doing). So then I downloaded other junk that rooted peeps download like titanium backup and I think I deleted instead of froze some crappy apps like blockbuster and whatchumajigger. Anyway as you can see I am a moron. So anyhoo. It was all fun and games and then the other day Google music and Google play stopped working and would not sync to my Google account. So I tried some stuff and nothing worked. I looked online and did a factory reset. So I am still in the same boat. Google apps are not working. I called the Google play peeps and the guy said something is wrong with my phone because under account setup I don't have a Google icon. I don't know what happened three days ago everything was working fine and I rooted months ago now. What should I do? Oh and my phone won't install the android updates either so I don't know if I screwed myself. I am writing from my phone it works fine but I can't use Google apps at all. Everything else is OK. Please help! My hubby will kill me if I need a new phone!

Back