• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Want my Vampire Recovery Back!

I tried Ubuntdroid out and couldnt get passed the Recovery screen. Figure out that I had use my keyboard to operate, I got back to Vanilla Rom. But now I'm stuck with CM Recovery and it switched me to ext2 from ext4. Want to go back to Vampirefo Recovery. How do I do it without bricking my phone from within CM Recovery?

Thanks albert and once again Master Cooper I must delve into your wisdom. What is journaling? Also I didn't give ubuntudroid a chance largely cuz I couldnt navigate through custom recovery. Will doing this allow me to have Vampirefo recovery on ubuntu ROM?

Yes, it will.
Simple summary of ext2/ext4 file systems
ext4- normally faster, although doesn't seem to be with our phones. Much, much safer than ext2 because your data is much less likely to be corrupted.
ext2- older version of ext4. It went ext2, ext3, ext4 Not as fast normally, but faster with out phones
journaling - The filesystem basically creates a journal of what its going to do before it actually does it. That way, if something crashes, you're safe.

I'm a little bit of a Linux geek, so I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense to you. I tried to put it in layman's terms.

Thanks again. IWant to play with Linux one of these days. All my tech friends have talked it up for some time now on their Desktops.

It's easy to install, and easy to use. You can even try it by loading the entire OS from a dvd or a usb.
The biggest problem is new people try using os's that aren't main stream. Ubuntu is the best for starters IMO. Mainly because if you need help there's more people with Ubuntu. I personally use Pinguy OS, OSX Like, Pardus 2011, and Lucid Puppy on a regular basis. The first two are versions of Ubuntu

Back
Top Bottom