• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm out of the loop, but have they confirmed that they are going to make Cyanogen for the X2?

Dragonzkiller is doing it, not Cyanogen. So, it's not an official CM9 release as it will still be running on the GB (2.3.4) kernel since there isn't an ICS kernel out there for the X2.

But, check out this video to see how much of CM9 is already operational. Can't wait!

Motorola Droid X2 ICS/CM9 Alpha 1 Preview - YouTube

Upvote 0
Well, as many may already know, there are news items being posted on a lot of android/mobile websites about a letter a person received from Motorola. Well, that person was me and it's not good. For those that are not aware of this, I finally received an email response from Motorola concerning the unlocking of the bootloader and ICS for the X2. The bootloader response is the same: as carriers allow. The ICS question was not good. Here is the response I received:

Dear Ivan,
I am responding to the complaint you filed with Better Business Bureau regarding our Droid X2 model phone. I reviewed your recent case notes and it is noted that you received information from Motorola regarding Bootloader unlock and Ice Cream Sandwich.

We are working to balance the operator requirement for security to the end user, while supporting the developer communities desire to use these products as a development platform. It is our intention to enable the unlockable/relockable bootloader currently found on Motorola XOOM on other devices, where carrier and operators will allow it. This process is requiring a good deal of consideration and technical infrastructure and we have no announcements to make at this time for unlocking any devices.

Droid X2 is not on our list of devices that are slated to get Ice Cream Sandwich, but that does not mean it is not continuing to get support. Though it will remain on Gingerbread it is eligible for software updates if it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones