• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS, many contacts and Facebook pic rules

Kwayit

Lurker
In my contact list, I have many listing for the same person. Although I mind, I can go through and Join them all. However, as soon as I add the Facebook contact, the default picture is set to FB. This occurs even though Google, BackUp assist, etc. EVERYTHING else has the picture that I want.

This has effected my SMS of choice, Handcent... which no long puts a picture at all and the built in SMS app.

How do I make this stop happening?

I have tried to sort by only contacts in phone, but no luck.

Here is what I have found. Most of them are useless, containing the same info as in the others. One will be a single email, the next another, the next just FB, then next a phone number, etc... Typically, one had everything and I just deleted the others.

For the contact pictures to defeat FB's override, I just reassigned them starting with the picture. It worked.

Now, I only have to get Handcent SMS to populate the pics just as the default text app is doing.

Yeah the default app is working on mine too but when i use handcent it wont populate the fbook defaults, i deleted handcent for now... :/

Here is what I have found. Most of them are useless, containing the same info as in the others. One will be a single email, the next another, the next just FB, then next a phone number, etc... Typically, one had everything and I just deleted the others.

For the contact pictures to defeat FB's override, I just reassigned them starting with the picture. It worked.

Now, I only have to get Handcent SMS to populate the pics just as the default text app is doing.

Figured it out for my answer. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom