• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS Rollout Begins !!

karandpr

Android Expert
So the coveted 4.0.4 ICS Roll out has begun !!
:party: :party:
Just got a message in the PC Companion that the 4.1.B.0.431 is ready !!
Just in case if people are wondering My S1 number is 1249-0751
The battery on my phone is low right now .
Will update in a few hours and post the screen-shots
Cheers People and fantastic Job Sony Guys .

So updated to ICS .too barely a few minutes after download .
For starters the Sony Ericsson is replaced by just SONY
New XPERIA Boot animation.
All your apps and settings are retained and optimized at the beginning of the first boot which takes a while .

New Lockscreen which looks like xperia S
2.png

3.png
The Launcher is the same as the old one .
5.png

6.png
Generic ICS settings are present .note USB mass storage mode is not present .Sony has enabled MTP support so you can just browse the SD card as a drive when you connect the phone to computer
8.png
Some new Live wallpapers added like the Black hole wallpaper
12.png

13.png
The Theme support is redone with Xperia S like themes
device-2012-06-05-222316.png
Notification panel has settings shortcut,media player controls is enabled .
18.png

It is a lot smoother than GB in my opinion .Touch screen is more responsive .WiFi and calls have no problems whatsoever ,same with data

I played Temple Run and Grabatron without any lag or problems .
Downloaded Chrome and Apex Launcher which are ICS only apps and they work very smoothly .

Lockscreen Media Player controls as promised ..
Notification menu can be accessed via lock screen

No change in Music Player .Same UI and same quality of the music :D .

I can now reject call and send them custom sorry message quickly .
The dialer is changed and has been redone and is quite Awesome (yeah words are failing by now .)

A minor setback for not having the Xperia S Launcher >_> <_<
But apart from that ,

I am just scratching the surface with this post .There are too many features yet to be explored .

The official 4.0 Features
Upgrade to Android 4 - Sony Smartphones (Global UK English)

This is a phenomenal update in terms of usability and convenience . Too good .The sheer level of quality of the software sets a standard for others to follow

Kudos and Cookies to the Sony Development Team for making such an exquisite update .

I need some good review of battery usage.

Glad you asked; from my experience the first day after an update the battery life is not so great (though this is likely due to the setting up of the phone an general tinkering after the first update) then this seems to sort itself out over the next day or so to what it was before the update.

When I checked GMT19:00 pm nothing was out.
GMT 21:18 Server not accessible!
Could this mean its now being rolled out here and server demand has crashed the server?

One of the peeves I have is ,Sony Doesn't bundle a File Manager . It will be really good if the next update comes with a basic file manager .

I believe it was more of a server load issue ( so many user's trying to update resault in an accidental DOS attack)
Nope still no update
My ID is
VID_0FCE
PID_0166

i have installed the lates jre.. yet the pc companion says update information not accessible, i m dying to use he update, what else can i do to update it

f--cked up, i ve updated to ICS, nw my hardware keyboard wont wont partially, navigation keys(arrow keys), back space, shift, etc keys are working, bt character keys aint, nw wat to do, need help,...!!

f--cked up, i ve updated to ICS, nw my hardware keyboard wont wont partially, navigation keys(arrow keys), back space, shift, etc keys are working, bt character keys aint, nw wat to do, need help,...!!
Got the same problem for mine.

Went and checked the "Written Languages" for the Default Xperia Keyboard.
2 were selected - English and Hinglish(Indian Language Hindi mixture of English).
It was the second language Hinglish causing the problem.

Deselected Hinglish (now only English selected) and my physical keyboard is working fine now.
You could check similar issue in yours

With this keyboard problem, please run the update again and choose the "Repair" option, this will reload the firmware and likely resolve the issue.

Well just checked the updates and

1249-4849 & 1249-4855 have been issued the update but
Why did they skip mine? mine is 1249-4852!

well yes it is still there.. I have just updated my mini pro to the latest ics and notifications when phone locked is limited to missed calls only.

sucks..... Please sony fix in an update!

Though the new update(.587) is lot faster ...
I just hate Mcafee,UEFA and Moxier are reinstalled on reboot which is annoying .

No files/settings are deleted/altered when updating to ICS right? SK17i phone's current OS ver is 2.3.4

nothing will be deleted if you are updating through pc companion or seus. as far as i remember when going to ICS, you'll need to reinstall adobe, but thats it.

Back
Top Bottom