• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ideapad K1 Arrived - First impressions are good

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
So my Lenovo IdeaPad K1 arrived yesterday and I spent a couple of hours updating the software and testing out the product. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

While the device hasn't really "wowed" me, in its defense, there has been no tablet nor iPad that has really "wowed" me. They don't feel like revolutionary devices to me, but that probably because I'm so involved in my phones and I'm happy using my laptop. So all in all, it just feels like a big phone to me.

But, I was nervous that the K1 would be crappy, slow, dim, and full of glitches. But I'm pleasantly surprised that I haven't experienced any issues yet. Granted, a few hours is a short time, but I wanted to give you all my first impressions. And those first impressions are very good.

The screen is crisp, the camera is good enough, web browsing is quick, the boot time and wake time are awesome, and downloading and installing apps is a breeze. I like the extra buttons (multi-function home button, open-app tray button, etc). And I've already put on ADW Launcher, so it doesn't feel like there is a Lenovo skin on it. And the build quality feels pretty solid to me.

So overall, I'm really happy with the product (especially at only $280 with free shipping). I'll update this in a few weeks to give you more feedback.

Back
Top Bottom