• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

IDK what to do...

Veez

Dec 22, 2009
So should I get it?? I really want this phone...i dont care about bing or any of that other stuff

truthfully, the only thing that I concerns me is how fast Samsung will get Froyo and future updates onto the Wiz UI

are there any notable phones coming out in the future? I know of that Evo-like HTC that has pictures floating around..too big for me

then there is the droid pro with the 1.3 ghz...dont really care for that either

am i missing anything else? cause I can wait, but i also want this phone NOW if there is nothing else worthy coming out in the next 3-5 months..

appreciate any input

thanks!!

the OG moto drooiiiiidddd..dont like the bulky form..and i dont like the keyboard...i'd imagine the 1.3 ghz droid pro will have a keyboard too huh? the form of the fascinate is another key reason why i want it

and yea i do realize that you can never keep up with cell phone technology..but if there isnt anything similar/better comin out in the next couple months, that should be good enough for me ha

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, no one has the answer to the two things that concern you. Vague 'end of the year" statements are all we have to go on, and anything else is just speculation.

I hemmed and hawed between phones for a month or so, before deciding on the Fascinate. Honestly, they'll all do just fine for me, I'm sure, but I'm really excited to get home and get to know my new Galaxy S. I'm sure that in 4 or 6 or 10 months, I won't think it's the coolest phone ever, but I'm sure it will get the job done. Good luck!

Upvote 0
The Fascinate on 2.1 is great now. Even if another phone comes around by the end of the year, I don't think it will be better. The only thing this phone is missing is 2.2. I don't know how much faster you would want it to be. It's fast now. I think 2.2 will probably roll out by the end of the year. Supposedly Euro versions are going to get it end of sept. I'm sure when that rolls out it wouldn't take longer than 2 months for the others to get them.

Upvote 0
As far as the whole Touchwiz and updating thing goes, this is my theory on it. Galaxy S is Samsungs biggest Android push ever. The Galaxy S line is on all major US carriers, and they are putting out a tablet under the same name. It's clear that Samsung is pushing this hard, so I'd like to think that they are gonna be competitive when it comes to keeping it up to date.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones