• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root If You Didn't Know... Ubuntdroid is Done

[TheAndroid]

Android Enthusiast
Ubuntdroid 5 Beta 2

I asked Joseph Mother myself on his forums, Ubuntdroid development has been halted altogether, and who knows whats in store for the future... But like he said in the link, "I wouldn't keep checking back for updates." I myself am going to try to mend this as best as I can, I hate to see a community dwindle from a small problem we had no control over.

EDIT:
Messaged Joseph Mother... There's someone on the team who is unwilling to continue for certain reasons... I'm going to see if I may talk to him soon. Hope for the best.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! From all I had heard I was looking forward to getting this once it was out of beta. I hope you are able to help them settle their differences.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! From all I had heard I was looking forward to getting this once it was out of beta. I hope you are able to help them settle their differences.

Yes... I've already messed Joseph Mother and the other person on the team who is still aggravated about the Vampirefo situation, and some other things with people in the Transform community. I hope to get a response soon, I'm not sure if he may ignore my messages. If so, maybe I can teamspeak or Skype him. Whatever works.

555 Posts, nice number lol

As far as I could tell it was that Vampirefo was going to repost the UbuntDroid with his recovery which the other guy didnt like. Then the arguing ensued.

[TheAndroid];2608399 said:
I think I should just troll the forums lol. Anyway, now that Ubuntdroid is done... And crap kernel is done.... Development is going to be slow... to say the least... Vampirefo has slown down, the UD team is done... What was a great community is now once again dwindling...

Yeah, it's pretty crappy that this has to happen to a great rom. Any new up and coming roms out there or anything worth while?

Yeah, it's pretty crappy that this has to happen to a great rom. Any new up and coming roms out there or anything worth while?

Well if you guys' didn't know already, if you have CWM recovery, ext4/ext2, and Ultimate kernel, you have UD minus the theme, but we lost continual support. So when Ubuntdroid 6 comes out........

Back
Top Bottom