• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you'd like to be able to hide the status bar while in the Browser

The latest Dolphin Browser HD V2 does this.

I started using Dolphin as my default browser now because of the full screen mode.

The only problem I had initially was when you put it in full screen mode and you press the search capacitive button to google for something in landscape mode the key's get all messed up while typing. For some reason the browser tries to insert a status bar while your typing in landscape mode but ONLY when your using the capacitive search button. All other typing is fine in landscape.

So to get around this I set my gesture (that sends me to home page Google) to something really easy so that I can easily just use the gesture to replace the capacitive search button. Problem solved and now I have full screen browser! Thanks t0ph0id :)

(I can't wait till Dolphin comes out with the add block plus addon...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones