• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you'd like to be able to hide the status bar while in the Browser

The iPhone 3gs I had before the Nexus One always had ton's of browser applications that were "full screen".

Now I haven't looked, but if I come across a developer browser that does I will let you know :)

The latest Dolphin Browser HD V2 does this.

I started using Dolphin as my default browser now because of the full screen mode.

The only problem I had initially was when you put it in full screen mode and you press the search capacitive button to google for something in landscape mode the key's get all messed up while typing. For some reason the browser tries to insert a status bar while your typing in landscape mode but ONLY when your using the capacitive search button. All other typing is fine in landscape.

So to get around this I set my gesture (that sends me to home page Google) to something really easy so that I can easily just use the gesture to replace the capacitive search button. Problem solved and now I have full screen browser! Thanks t0ph0id :)

(I can't wait till Dolphin comes out with the add block plus addon...)

"The latest Dolphin Browser HD V2 does this"

Also Xscope which has a "full screen" option.
What's more, you can bring it back while browsing by just jankin' down the top of your screen and then push it back in :p

I've stuck with xScope for a long time, pretty solid browser.

Dolphin HD browser might be even with xScope so far, but pretty soon Dolphin will have ad-block plus as an add on which tips the scales in Dolphins favor in my book :)

giving the 3rd party browser options to lose the bar, the big problem now is durning car navigation right? seems logical for google to offer an option turn the bar off.

Back
Top Bottom