• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I'm giving up !!

goldrush28

After 2 years and 5 months with my RAZR MAXX the issues with it have done me in. Can't turn it on sometimes, can't turn it off sometimes etc. etc.. Anyway, I'm deciding between 3 phones and I'd love to hear some impartial views. The new RAZR MAXX, the LG G3, and the HTC 1M-8 are the ones I'm choosing from. The only thing that bothers me about the RAZR is the 16g of storage with no capability to increase. I use about 15g now and I'll have it for 2 years or so. Love that battery life though. Thanks in advance for any ideas. Everyone on this forum is always so knowledgeable and helpful. Art

For your old problems ... did you Wipe Data Cache and do you do it periodically?

--- --- ---​

For your new question ... when you say new Razr Maxx I assume you are talking about the Droid Maxx.

I have used the Droid Maxx since the morning it was released. It is the best phone I ever had. What got to me immediately is that there are no manufacturer or carrier logos on the front that you are forced to look at.

Mine is 32G and memory is not an issue. I have a plugin SD card reader (read write) and seldom use it. I have an adapter cable that allows me to plug in a memory stick and seldom use it.

I measured battery three times and it was right around three days each time.

There is a likelihood of a follow-on Droid Maxx in the next few months.

... Thom

But, FYI the new Droid RAZR is the one I was referring to that is 16G with no capability to add on. For that reason I've narrowed it down to the LG G3 or the HTC 1M8. I'm leaning toward the HTC and I'll get one of them tonight. Anyone else with thoughts??

The Droid Maxx does not have an SD-Ext card. It has a USB plug that you can plug in an adapter to read/write an SD-Ext card. It is wrongfully called a reader. You can also plug an adapter cable in that will allow you to read/write a memory stick.

I believe there are still some 32G models around if you do a little searching.

My advice is always the same ... if you are considering a new phone go to where you can handle it ... pick it up and in 15 seconds you will know if it is right for you. If you don't know ... don't buy it. You are going to be using it a lot for a long time ... get something that fits you ... it might not fit me.

--- --- ---​

Did you try the Wipe Cache Partition?

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to SELECT
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL DOWN key, then tap and release the VOL UP key.
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.
8. The device will then perform the partition wipe
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
11. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence .

... Thom

I have tried to do this 10 times, and it only reboots my Razr Maxx. I get to this point "The device will display the Motorola logo" then the side buttons do not seem to respond. Any suggestions?

This will remove any temporary files that may be causing the problem, but will not delete your files or settings.

1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL UP + VOL DOWN KEY together + POWER KEY .
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.

4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 5, try a force reboot by pressing the power Key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to wipe cache partition and the POWER Key to SELECT this option.

... Thom[/QUOTE]

It changed for the Razr HD/Razr Maxx HD. This is from the Verizon Website for the Razr HD/Razr Maxx HD and is verified to work for them.

Please let us know if it works for the Razr/Razr Maxx.

1. Power the device off.
  2. Press and hold the Volume up button for 2-3 seconds then press and release the Power button, when the Boot Mode Selection Menu appears then release the Volume up button.
  3. From the Boot Mode Selection Menu screen, select Recovery.
    linote.gif
    Utilize the Volume down button to scroll through the options and the Volume Up button to select.
    linote.gif
    Volume must be pressed within 5 seconds or the device will automatically boot to the home screen.
  4. From the Droid triage screen:
    1. Press and hold the Volume Up button.
    2. Press and release the Power button.
    3. When the Android system recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up button.
  5. Select wipe cache partition.
    linote.gif
    Utilize the Volume buttons to navigate the options and the Power button to select.
    linote.gif
    The device to may take 60 to 90 seconds to restart.
... Thom

I have tried to do this 10 times, and it only reboots my Razr Maxx. I get to this point "The device will display the Motorola logo" then the side buttons do not seem to respond. Any suggestions?

... Thom
[/QUOTE]

Cyclesail, does this accomplish something different than the Cache Cleaner app accomplishes?

-boster

Back
Top Bottom